Tax-exempt organizations face special scrutiny from the IRS, which is diligent in enforcing the tax laws with which nonprofits must comply to maintain their tax-exempt status. These restrictions give rise to unique needs that are rarely well met by tax professionals with accounting experience largely geared to for-profit firms. We are “the home of the (c)’s” and our experience encompasses all facets of not-for-profit tax representation. We also provide tax services to highly compensated and high-net-worth individuals.
Each person in our audit and tax teams is committed to serving our clients on an ongoing basis throughout the year, not as a once-a-year resource. Engagements can be structured to cover:
- Preparation of the application for exemption for filing with the IRS.
- Annual tax filings done by the firm’s seasoned professionals. Management level personnel are involved in all tax advisory matters and tax compliance matters and work is never sent outside the firm.
- Representation during audits by the IRS, state and local regulatory authorities.
- Tax advice on how to maintain your tax exemption.
- Periodic tax updates with respect to tax developments of interest.